Why I chose to upload eight years of archives
/ 3 December 2014
Helsinki, 2012
I've been blogging for about ten years now. At some point I chose to delete my old blogs because I felt that particular part of life wasn't a part of my story anymore. Obviously it is: you can never really erase your past no matter how hard you try. And while this all sounds way more dramatic than it actually was (hello early twenties), at the time it felt like something I had to do to move forward.
Little did I know that years later I would long to have all the words I once wrote in one place. Which meant to try and recovered about eight years worth of archives... Eight years not ten, because the first two years of the archives are completely gone. In the end I managed to get most of the archives since 2006 back up. I wasn't able to restore all posts though, and some I did delete, for example photo only posts when I wasn't able to restore the pictures.
Of course I also read some of the old posts whilst uploading them, and as it goes with journaling when you read things back you start to wonder: why all the drama? Why didn't I dig deeper or why didn't I lighten up?
These are valid questions to ask. It is so vital, to not only document things but to look back on them as well. I haven't done that as much as I'd like to in the past, so I try to make an effort to do so now. Because I know looking back there are always answers to be found and most of the drama is replaced by love and laughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments
Post a Comment