My wild pure heart

/ 26 January 2009

Last Saturday I had a conversation with the wonderful Leonie Allan.
Her voice alone is magical, add her soulful laughter & words of
wisdom and all you can do is take deep breaths and listen. To her and
to the voice of your own heart.

No matter where we are in life or
live on this planet or what we do, we all -from time to time- need to
be reminded that we have a voice and that it needs to be heard. Leonie reminded me, and I'm so very grateful that she did.

Once
I started to listen to my voice, my wild pure heart as Leonie so
beautifully described it, I noticed how proud I actually am of...me.
For so long (I'm talking years here) I have focussed mostly on the
things I should have done, could have done and the things that didn't
turn out the way i wanted them to.

The latter I used to
describe as 'failures' but after some consideration I no longer believe
in failure. I believe in dreaming BIG, doing all that lies within your
power to make that dream a reality and see it blossom...or not. And if
that is the case it ain't failure baby, just a messy beautiful life
lesson. Regardless of the outcome of your dreams, you always gain. Wisdom if nothing else.

In
the past I've been told many a time that the way I live my life -which
is basically dreaming up dream after dream and trying to live them too-
must be a disappointment for my parents. Because by living all those
dreams I never finished journalism school, I never built up a 'proper'
career and I moved every two years for the past eight years.

I
believe that my sole purpose on this planet is to live. We all have
different views on what 'living' entails and mine happens to be
'following my dreams'. Find out what your view on 'living' is and let
yourself be guided by that. Listen to what other people have to say.
You may hear many a words of wisdom, but remember you have a voice as
well and it needs to be heard.

Oh, and just so you
know. The same people who told me in the past that the way I live my
life must be a disappointment for my parents, told me -not so long ago-
that they wish they had followed their dreams too.

I told them it is never too late.

* The conversation I had with Leonie is part of the Creative Goddess Course. You can still enroll and I highly and with all my heart, recommend that you do so if you haven't already.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.