self-portrait, January 2009 | hometown, April 2008
Something has definitly shifted. I can feel it in my whole being. Homesickness has faded away and the snow drowned out the heavy stuff. Tonight I went out for a walk, like I've done every night for the past week or so. It feels so good to roam the snow covered, deserted streets.
Walking seems to clear my head, it makes me able to make sense of it all, or at least of some things. Almost ever night during my walk I've been contemplating my next step -in life that is. After many months, that feeling -of this time here being one of healing & reflecting- is still present. It has never left.
I feel a tug toward home. Home being Holland, or Central Europe at the very least. This feeling is almost identical as the one I had before I came to Finland, knowing I had to fulfill that dream.
And at the very moment a voice within me said 'you need to go home, wherever your heart tells you that is' I realized that walking where I walked in that moment, once was a dream.
If I was able to make that dream a reality, i can bring any dream into my life.
So can you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment