When the cloud in the sky starts to pour
And your life is just a storm you're braving
Don't tell yourself you can't lean on someone else
Cause we all need saving sometimes
~ Jon McLaughlin - We all need saving
"Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?" I asked my friend last night. "About the help they got from others along the way." Is it pride, we wondered, that keeps people from sharing with each other that they received help when life got hard?
"It always seems to me that everyone else gets there on their own, and when I know i need help I'm afraid to ask because it most mean that i can't take care of myself." I shared with her. Of course I know that everyone needs help from time to time. We all get caught in the storm of life once in a while. That's just life. It is a fact. There is nothing to be ashamed off. But it sure helped that my friend reminded me of that fact again, because it is so easily forgotten.
I keep on wondering though, why hardly anyone talks about needing help. How it is okay to ask for it and to receive it. How it doesn't make you weaker, but stronger. How it isn't about being needy, but about loving yourself enough to admit that -right now- you need a hand to hold on to.
How about we all make a pact to share stories with each other of the times when we needed help? Because right now, I need it. I need a hand to hold on to, hell, i need a shoulder to lean on.
A shoulder of stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment