It doesn't matter what day it is tomorrow. Or what the weather will be like. Tomorrow I will visit a friend, I will get to spend time with five children that are remarkable in their very own different and fabulous ways. I get to come home to a house where the light is soft and the fridge is filled with food. And where a sick but sweet cat greats me and purrs her way into dream mode. And after unwinding a bit i get to cook a yummy meal, watch television and read until I can't keep my eyes from closing. Isn't that something to look forward to?
Up until this evening I didn't look forward to tomorrow. Because tomorrow is Monday. Because I'll have to work again. Because I didn't want to have any obligations. That is until I realized that thinking about tomorrow in a different, slightly more positive way, might make today a little easier on me. And here I am. Enjoying this evening and looking forward to a new day.
°
This past week has been a busy one: First day of school a.k.a. first day of work, followed by two days of training. Which I enjoyed very much, apart from the freezing classrooms. It has been a long time since I felt I actually learned something...in the studying-a-reader-and-listening-to-a-teacher-and-getting-a-degree-kind of learning. I can now proudly say that I am license to give medication and perform several other medical actions that I'd rather not talk about let alone perform, but you know, just in case...
This past week has also been the first week without blogging, I guess. It feels unnatural. I miss reading your words and i miss writing mine. There are so many reason as to why I let this happen, none of them feel legitimate though. Even the training at work showed me that: at one part we were asked what job was the best you ever had. Many people answered that their current job is the best. Some named jobs at other firms but in the same field. I could not answer anything else but my work as a writer.
Even though I love working with children and I love the family feeling of the firm I work at, writing flows through my veins. It is what makes my heart beat. What keeps me going. As long as I write, I don't have to search for answers, in the end they will find me.
So here I am, on my sofa, living now. I have been reading, writing. Watching movies and drinking wine. For dinner I had two boiled eggs on toast and right now I crave some coffee and a Finnish chocolate. I don't care what time it is, how many hours I will sleep tonight. All I care for now, is this second. And it is all good.
No comments
Post a Comment