A little scared

/ 13 September 2007

After doing some research on working in Finland, I feel all grumpy. It is hard to find a job there, especially when you don't speak the language that well, and when you're a journalist...cause it is hard to get a job in that department anywhere.

On the other hand, I can write anywhere on a freelance basis. For magazines all over the world. So I'm starting to think that it is not a matter of getting a job in Finland, but a matter of starting to work fulltime on my writing. Fulltime scares the bejesus out of me, but I don't think I can do it any other way. As much as I love my parttime job, it soaks up all my energy and time I let it soak up all my energy and time. Something has to change.

Things I need to move to Finland:
- a bag of money to cover my basic needs and bills for the first six months?! (Anyone?!)
- a place to move to, aka a roof above my head
- my laptop
- my books
- enrolling in the finnish course at the University of Helsinki (cause I already have the book)
- a one way ticket to Helsinki
- some cheering, cause I'm starting to feel a little scared about this moving thing...

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.