A blank page stares at me from my computer. I take a sip of my latte and wonder what I collect. The first thing that pops into my mind is dreams. I collect dreams. I love to dream, day or night and I love the freedom I have within them. But dreams are not real, not just yet.
One of my dreams is to be a fulltime writer. And as take yet another small step toward creating this dream for myself in this day and lifetime, I look for answers in magazines. Some I buy for reading, others for the breathtaking photography and some for research.
You can find stacks of magazines all over my apartment. I love the thought of having so many words at my feet –literally sometimes- though often it feels a bit overwhelming. Where do I start, which magazine do I read, and when I move to Finland…which magazines do I take with me and can I leave the others behind?
For me the thrill of all those magazines is in the stacks. In knowing that I have so many. Which is silly right, 'cause magazines are just things. But in the end, reading them makes me happy, which is probably why I spend more money on magazines than on food.
* Want to collect postcards?! Join my postcard swap!
Find more collector personalities here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment