There are three blissful hours left at work. Over the past week I've said goodbye to some kids already, but today i'll say goodbye to the kids that I've worked the most with, who spend every afternoon of the week at the care centre where i work(ed).
These kids have thought me to use more colour, be more stubborn, to hug more often and always laugh, to play and make friends and when you feel sad, to be sad.
They made me look at things that are obvious to most of us in an extraordinary way. Things like the fact that the water in the pond gets wet when it rains, that the wind howls, the sun shines even when we can't see it through the clouds, because it still shines behind the clouds as one girl always reminds me.
I've read certain stories to them 100+ times, I've burried a dead bird together with one of the boys, and we've searched for spiders and ladybugs.
The kids picked flowers for me in the summer, held my hand when it was cold in the winter.
I've been cross with them and touched by their stories.
I've been thrilled with their progress and worried about them way into my bedtime.
This wasn't a job, but a blessing and now I've got to let them go.
In a few weeks someone else will sit on my chair, will listen to them, answer their questions, laugh with them and make beautiful memories with them.
But for now, I have three hours left with them !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment