Day Two :: Cleansing

/ 26 April 2007

Inspired by the beautiful Thea and Denise I decided to ‘cleanse’. My body is screaming for healthy foods and hydration and has been for too long. It’s time that I listen to my body and start showing it some love.

I decided to do a juice fast. To cleanse my system (both body and mind) and absorb all those yummy vitamins. I’ve also bought some detox tea and am making an effort to drink at least 2L of water per day. I’m really excited and hope I will be able to stick with it for three days, starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

After yesterday’s day of outings I decided to stay home today. The sun is shining on the world, but I’m typing this post from my bed. I sit here in comfy clothes, with a stack of books, pencils and journals. I gave myself permission to let go of all the things I feel I need to do today and just focus on what my heart tells me to take in.

“The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.” - Henry Miller

You can find more pictures of the beach here

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.