Dream dancer

/ 26 February 2007

'There is no such things as an ex-dancer'

This is the title of a photobook that caught my eyes in the library this morning. From the age of four I studied ballet, I stopped dancing when I was ten because my teacher stopped.

I never had the ambition to become a professional dancer. I just loved to do it. Even now, so many years later I can't keep my body still, when watching people dance.  Yet I hardly ever dance anymore. Not even at home. I've danced around my living room for a few dear blogging friends, I've danced around my living room on a powerful song. But I hardly ever feel that feeling...the feeling I get when I make certain ballet moves: it feels natural.

I've added the above note on dancing on my 'to wonder about' list. A line from Flashdance to end this entry:  'When you give up your dream, you die'

I'm not dead, but I'm not sure what my dream is also...

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.