Today is the day after The Storm. Yesterday we were all urged to stay inside. Now nothing is left of the storm, but the things that the wind swept away. It is quiet. People still seem to be staying inside, and the wind isn’t howling anymore. Branches dance slowly on the soft breeze that is left, the sky is blue with a few white cotton like clouds. It feels surreal, like the earth has stopped moving altogether.
The sun appears as I write this post. I wonder what it will bring me. I am a fall girl. I like the darkness of night time and I love rain. The howling wind and shattering rain of the storm, gave me inspiration and made me feel at ease. I was happily cocooning indoors.
It seems silly to stay inside today. I’ve been out already, but somehow I’m drawn back inside. Sometimes it worries me how much I like the indoors, how I adore cocooning. The weird thing is, I love nature as well, but for today the comfort of my own home will suffice.
In a few weeks I start my new job. I’ll report back on that matter later, but for now I just want to enjoy the last days of total ‘freedom’ I have. Staying up all night, writing. Eating brunch rather than breakfast and lunch. Watch a movie in the middle of the day. Curl up on the couch in my jammies at 7pm with a book…I have been able to live like this for such a long time. However, I am looking forward to the moment that I come home after work, exhausted with no longing but for a nice meal and good bad TV to watch!
* Only 96 words to go…click for an update on the 99 words project.
** For Christmas I received a gift certificate for a book. Please share your favourite book of the moment with me. Recommend any book that you think I should read, for that matter!! Thanks!
No comments
Post a Comment