Home at heart

/ 20 January 2007

Night falls. The sky has darkened, and the winds starts howling again. Another storm is about to hit the coast. The Dutch west coast that is. For you who do not know where I live,  a city on the coast of The Netherlands is what I call 'home'.

My heart doesn’t belong to this coastal city I live in, but this belong to the sea. There are days I long for Amsterdam, where I've lived for a few years. Other days I daydream about Helsinki, where I spend a lot of time during the year I lived in Finland. Most of the time I long for new adventures. New cities to explore, another continent to visit. That is also why I am so grateful for the connections I made and am making with you, dear reader, all over the world.

This afternoon I went to a small village, a ten minute bike ride from my home. I've missed riding my bike these last few days. I might be Dutch, but the stormy weather of this week made me walk or take a tram. It was nice to feel the wind, and breath in the passing air.

The village has adorable little shops, no huge malls or large grocery stores, where I bought some new beads. I have been inspired to make jewellery again for some time now. While browsing trough all the different kinds and colours of beads, I remembered how much I love this craft. So tonight, while listening to the wind outside and dreaming about new places to visit, I will create and poor loving and inspiring energy in a new necklace or bracelet.

In the mean time, can you tell me a bit more about the place you call home?

Where is your heart?

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.