SPC: Black & White and Faith

/ 30 January 2007

I have been feeling restless these last couple of days. My mind kept on spinning and I couldn’t figure out how to relax.

On Thursday I start my new job, and my afternoons will be filled with taking care of children. I am so in love with this job and the children I’ve met so far. But somehow this ‘deadline’ is messing with my mind. There are so many things I want or need to do and suddenly I feel that I need to do this before Thursday. The thing is, I don’t have any particular reason why certain tasks need to be done by then. It’s just a feeling that I couldn’t get rid of.

This morning, while playing with my camera in front of the mirror for SPC, my eyes caught sight of this necklace. The pendant says ‘faith’ and I treasure the necklace with all my heart. From the moment I put the necklace on I could feel my mind calming down. Now this may sound a bit over the top, but the person who made it for me, the words we have shared and therefore everything this necklace represents, reminded me to calm down. To breath and have faith. To smile and do what feels right for me at the present moment.

So I made myself a cup of tea, sat down with a couple of books, my laptop and just did what felt right to do. Reading, writing and watching a movie (Out of Africa.) I’m gonna continue doing just that. Breathing and having faith.

Find more Self Portraits here...

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.