What does everyday life mean to you?
Everyday life is made up of all the little details that become mundane (to us) after constant exposure. It's all the things you do without a second thought because it's just forms your habits; it's part of that daily grind.
Can you share a daily ritual with us?
One ritual that's been consistently part of my life is, every morning I wake up and have a bowl of cereal and milk. I can't remember the last time my day didn't include this meal (if not for breakfast, I work it in some other time of the day). Sometimes it's nice to have a meal you don't have to think about. Besides, consistency can be predictable and reliable.
How do you break the pattern of daily live, every once in a while?
I try to go see a live music show at least once every week or so. I'm a co-founder of Sound of Boston, a blog my friend Jonah and I started after he was contacted by the guys at (now, our sister blog) Denmark's Sound of Aarhus, so I'm always out writing reviews on concerts and bands - it's a great way to discovering new music and it's refreshing to go explore different parts of the city.
---
Knar Bedian is a student and majors in Sociology and Spanish with a minor in Mass Communications and Media studies. She is an avid photographer and the co-founder of The Sound of Boston. I'm so glad that she reached out to me via email. Otherwise I might not have had the privilege to get to know her work. Today she's one of my favourite everyday life photographers. You can find more of her work on her website and at Flickr.
All photos by Knar Bedian

No comments
Post a Comment