Calling all creatives

/ 22 April 2009

Here's something I wrote in an earlier post today on wanting to become a creative entrepeneur:

"I believe in doing what you love to do most. But right now i just don't seem to believe that it could work for me. I wonder why not. I wonder why i seem to have so very little faith in myself and my capabilities. Why is it always much easier to believe in someone else, than to believe in yourself?"

This afternoon I had a talk about it with Rachelle. It was so good to talk about these feelings with someone. I realized I never really did before and now such a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders. Of course I'm not totally there yet, but at least the talk was a step towards something good.

We also talked about getting support from people who are already in the 'biz', which I think is a really great way to get started and get some valuable advise on being a creative entrepeneur. However, most people I know who started a creative business had a spouse's or partner's income to support them while they explored the field and built their business.

No matter what kind of support you get, launching a creative business is never easy, but I there are different sets of challenges for those of us who are starting out on our own. And I think it would be good to connect, to create a web of support, a tribe of soulmates.

Let's get together, share stories and our wisdom & worries! Leave a comment, send me an email, or DM me on twitter. Let me know you're in and we'll go from there*. Together.

* i'm thinking 'mailinglist', 'blog', what about you? Would love to hear your thoughts on this as well!

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.