Shifting my perspective

/ 8 March 2009

The past two weeks have been a rollar coaster ride. I find myself having trouble taking deep breaths and just waiting for things to get even worse. I keep waiting for everything to fall apart, even though I often think it can't get worse.

However, there is nothing i can do about it, nothing I can change right now. I cannot predict the future, I can only continue to believe in myself and know and acknowledge my truth. So today, while packing my belongings for the move back to Holland in a couple of days, I'm trying to shift my perspective.

I am not leaving, i am arriving.

Sometimes with
the bones of the black
sticks left when the fire
has gone out

someone has written
something new
in the ashes
of you life.

You are not leaving
you are arriving.


~ David Whyte, part of the poem 'The Journey'

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.