Dealing with feelings

/ 15 October 2008

Making a move across countries, sea's and lakes and adjusting to
a new life brings a lot of feelings to the surface. Mixed feelings that
is, and no matter how well I used to be able to figure out what I felt
and what I wanted, moving shakes things up.

However several
things have helped me to somewhat get a grip on my feelings. For one,
meditating. I don't like sitting down and just concentrating on my
breath, which is why I love these guided meditations
so much. Word has it that a completely new website is going up in a
couple of days. Can't wait to see what new meditations will be
available.

Documenting everyday life
has also helped me a lot. I'm going with a mixture of art journaling,
pictures and words about what is happening during these first few weeks
of my life in Finland. Processing it all has something very calming and
reading back on thoughts after a few weeks can make you see things more
clearly too.

Good old books are a big help too. At the moment I'm reading 'If you could see me now'
by Cecila Ahern. It's a fun, light read and I love that magic touch:
the world of invisible friends. Another book that I'm currently reading
is 'No one belongs here more than you'
by Miranda July. I love short stories and this collection might even
become my favourite one. Other books that are waiting to be read
include 'Fair play' by Tove Jansson and 'The angel of Grozny: Orphans of a forgotten war' by
Asne Seierstad. I've read several other books by Asne Seierstad
and there is something about her writing that grabs you and won't let
you go.

Last but not least, there's always music. Through Emma's blog I stumbled upon the soothing voice of Sarah Blasko. I'm loving it.

And while I continue to listen to her music and read my book, I have a question for you;

What can you do today to deal with feelings and be gentle with yourself?

-------

This blogpost is part of my 'just do it' challenge.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.