The magic in magic

/ 24 June 2008

I have a beautifully painted rock that always lays on my bedside table. ‘Magic’ it says in curly white letters and magical it is.

Whenever a day has been particularly crappy or I want to dream about magical things I place the rock next to my pillow and sleep like a baby. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up
and within hours something magical happened. Today as I panicked about bills and how time flies, I placed the magic rock on the coffee table and soon I was painting again, forgetting everything around me.

Yes, there is magic in this piece of stone. You don’t believe me? You think I’m overreacting? Or maybe you say, this is the law of attraction at work or that it’s just dumb old luck.

Perhaps.

But than again, I believe that we’re all surrounded by magic. You can find it in the little things, the soft spoken words and in the twinkle of an eye. The only catch is -that in order to have magical things happen in your life- you most look closely at life itself. You have to take notice of the extraordinary
ordinary things. Sadly they are so easily missed.

Once you open your eyes a bit wider, look closer and take a few minutes out of your day to think about what magic might have occurred, you’ll see – magic is everywhere.

What magical things have happened to you lately?

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.