"I never travel without my notebook. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
- Oscar Wilde
A couple of months ago I bought the moleskine 18 month weekly planner which should keep my schedule in order until December 2008. No need to buy a new dairy soon, no?
Unless...
When I noticed the stack of red moleskines in the store yesterday, I was reminded of my previous post. Red is also the colour of passion, and my one true passion is writing. As I am working toward a life as a writer, being able to fully and comfortably support myself with my words, I think the colour red has a great symbolic meaning.
There are so many things to be worked out before I can really give my dreams a go. Legal forms to fill in, financial planning to do, creating new websites, researching, more researching, learning and as always with every new path you take you'll have to let something go too.
Sometimes I find this dream of mine overwhelming. I want it so badly, but than life happens, and the dream seems to be out of reach.
Until...
I remind myself that whatever your passion is, you have to pursue it. It might be the biggest adventure and leap of faith you ever take on. But from the day you take that step, your life will always seem a bit more red than the day before.
Find more Scribblings here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment