75 days

/ 18 October 2007

I've questioned asking questions hundreds of times. I've wondered why questions remain even when you think you know that you have found the answer. I no longer question questions as I finally realized that their sole purpose is to help you find the answers you need, not to bug you, even though it might feel that way at times.

I read somewhere that it takes about two years to fully feel at home in the city you live in. It takes time to find the best restaurants, your favorite shops and beautiful paths to walk on. It just takes time. 'Time' can be bloody annoying, believe me I know, but it is something we all have to live with. Patience is a virtue...

That is exactly what I keep telling myself. Ever since I came back to this country after living abroad, I've missed the adventure, the sparkle, the new glow on everything around me. I've missed making new friends, I've missed the excitement and I looked for it everywhere. Everywhere but here.

I moved to this city January 1st, 2006. Not because I liked moving after a night without sleep, but because I had to. I couldn't move earlier, but had to be out of my old home by that date. Perhaps that helped built the resentment I've felt towards this city. However, I am ready to let it go. I'm ready to move again. To unpack all those boxes marked 'NEW - This way down' 'ADVENTURE - Fragile', 'NEW FRIENDS* - Breakable.'

There are 75 days left in this year. 75 days to adjust, to turn my house into a home, to invite new friends over for dinner, discover new parts of the city, to do adventures things, to unpack boxes and feel at home!

* Don't get me wrong, I've made some new friends here, friends who are very dear to my heart. But I know all of them because of something not related to this city. We just all happen to live here :)

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.