Nerd allert

/ 23 July 2007

Booking my flight to Helsinki has been a bit of a struggle. It took two cancelled reservations, five phone calls to the call centre and one week to get it. And now my name is spelled wrong.

At first the date of departure didn’t bother me at all, but when I had the chance to change it due to all those booking problems I wondered if it was such a good idea to fly on a Monday…the 13th. So I called my mother. She told me to just book the flight and not worry so much. So I did. Book the flight that is, I’m still worrying about it.

See, this afternoon I finally got over the fact that I started to freak out about flying yesterday after seeing an airplane in a movie. I’ve never freaked out about flying before, I love it. And so I was daydreaming about where to go and who to meet when I knocked over a glass which fell in about (insert random number here) pieces on the floor. This wasn’t just any glass, I bought it in Finland years ago and ever since I’ve been careful not to break it.

My mind is of course spinning franticly. Are these all signs that are supposed to keep me from going? Or are these signs that are trying to keep me from going, but it just means that I need to work harder in order to get there, something like a test. Or are these just random things and no signs at all…sometimes I feel like I’m such a nerd. I mean, who thinks of this kind of stuff?

I’m hoping you people can come up with some good advice, because I’m getting the feeling that I’m going to go completely mad over this little matter. In the mean time I’ll be watching movies and reading books about writing and illustrating children’s books and reading the new Vogue which has –thank heaven- the new autumn collection in it. Not that I’m that into fashion, I just like that the word ‘autumn’ appears on magazines again. I love autumn and autumn and winter always make me feel at ease. So in order to get a little bit of my sanity back I’ve closed the curtains, made some tea with homemade cookies and I’m going to watch The Holiday. Nothing better that Christmas movies to get ones spirit lifted.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.