I am writing this sitting on a pillow in the corner that you see on the picture above, minus the bookcase. I've been listening to her music all day long, while trying to redecorate my livingroom. Nothing seems to fit though.
My apartment is a mess. Stuff is everywhere, there are so many things that need to be done! I have about 60 hours left to finish this project and I hope I'll be spending some amount of time sleeping during these 60 hours.
I know that I need to, and I want to move. But right now, I am living here and I want to feel at home, at ease in my own living space. Yet no interior design magazine, not browsing through 160 pages of The Corners of my Home, has given me inspiration as to make this house feel like my home. At least not with the materials I can work with right now.
All I feel like doing is going outside, walking, wandering being away from home. But I feel that I can no longer run away from this house. It has never been a home to me in the year and a half I've lived here, and I crave a home with all my heart.
How do I create a home?
No comments
Post a Comment