On my way to work yesterday I stopped by the bookstore and bought The Rough Guide to Europe. Yes, Europe. No USA. Not yet that is. As the guides says:
"Europe is one of the worlds most exciting and diverse destinations: (...) just a couple of hours will take you from one country to another, with quite radical differences of language, culture, landscape and food."
I live within the European borders. London, Paris, Milan, Fez, Praque...all these magical places are right in front of me. For once I need to stop looking for life far away and live it in the here-and-now. Right here, right now. This summer I'm going to travel around Europe, exploring the sights and sounds of neighbouring countries and cultures...alone. Just because. The thought of it makes me feel more alive today. I cannot wait!
~*~
Lately I've been thinking a lot about where to live, what to do...all with the opinions of other people in the back of my mind. We all do it from time to time, but why? In the end I am the only one who can control my thoughts and my thoughts are the only thoughts I can control. Keeping this in mind might not be the easiest of tasks, but it sure will be worth the effort.
If you want to share some of your favorite places in Europe, please do so. I'm all ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment