20's

/ 21 May 2007

This morning I wrote a piece for an online magazine about an photo exhibition. The photographer captured the adolescent identity ‘a period of life when everything is experienced with an intensity that adults will never feel again’. I resonate with this. Over the past months I have wondered why I feel like a drama queen from time to time. In my thinking, writing, words…everything seems so complicated and I feel I’ve lost my spontaneous self. Every item on my to do list either seems to surface questions within me, or a resentment towards starting with something when all I seem to want to do is nothing.

I feel the need to concentrate on good things. Right here, right now. Next month I’ll turn 23, and therefore I am creating a list of 23 things I want to do before I turn 23:

  1. create a bohemian home

  2. watch Casablanca

  3. bake a beautiful delicious pie

  4. read a book in one day

  5. plan a trip to California

  6. burn 22 candles at ones

  7. wander around town aimlessly

  8. apply for a transfer to another location at work

  9. enjoy studying

  10. paint a new piece

  11. write poetry

  12. have a fabulous diner with moi alone

  13. turn my bathroom into a place for relaxation

  14. visit a museum before I go to work

  15. buy new art supplies

  16. buy the Saturday newspaper and read it with a mug of steaming hot coffee

  17. buy a fabulous new scarf

  18. photograph my day

  19. sew something. anything.

  20. drink a cosmopolitan

  21. enjoy a fabulous night out

  22. think about how to celebrate my birthday

  23. sleep under the stars


 

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.