At the moment I'm reading 'Wreck This Journal' by Keri Smith. I must say, there is something very fullfilling to have permission to 'make a sudden, destructive, unpredictable movement with the journal' hence trowing the thing on the floor, in the air, bending it in a way that makes the spine crack, twisting and turning it until it looks and feels used. I'm not ready to tear out a page yet, however i have set one on fire and stappled pages together and poked holes in another.
These excercises fit so perfectly in my life right now. I've made unpredictable movements and I'm making more. I'm not writing as much as I'm creating and photographing and I am bending my own rules, making my spine crack and taking on a new shape, all in a good way.
I wonder what will happen once I tear a page from the book...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment