Rooted

/ 21 April 2007

I don’t want it to end. Not the eating, nor the praying or the loving. This book is just wonderful. I’m rooted into it and I would love to stay rooted in the way she sees the world. However, I do realize that I need to find my own roots (but am ignoring this fact at the moment).

I live in the country where I was born. I have travelled a lot around Europe and Africa, I even lived abroad. Yet, my roots are a mystery to me. I have yet to discover a corner of this world that is my home. A corner that will be my base, from where I will travel around the world. I trust that I will find my roots in the right time. For now I will travel to Italy, India and Indonesia in my mind. Nice and cheap.

The use of only images in my posts these last couple of days, has shifted my emotions and way of thinking. Little did I know at the time, that not writing my thoughts down would give answers room to surface. I always thought that in order to get answers, I needed to organize my thoughts. Hence the writing them down. Girl, was I wrong.

Today is my first day off. I have 13 more days to do whatever I want to do, whenever I feel like it. I can’t really grasp this concept to the fullest just yet. But I think I’ve been doing quit well this morning. I was woken by my alarm clock at 8am. I turned it off, and turned around to wake up later feeling rested like I slept all morning. As it turned out I only slept another hour. I made breakfast and watched some episodes of Will & Grace. After turning on my computer (one needs to have some structure in a day) I realized I didn’t feel like connecting to the outside world just yet. I felt like reading, travelling in my mind to a country not to far away from mine. Italy. After reading for a few hours I ended up with the need to write. So here I am. Writing. And a bit  nauseous from all the turning...

I am sure I will write more in the coming days as I root into my heart. I have vowed to do only one thing these next 13 and a half days: to do what I want, when I want it. So far I’ve come up with this list: reading, writing, painting, travelling, learning French or Italian or maybe Portuguese just because I can (!?!) and cleaning my house.

I’m excited and can’t wait to report back on my day. But please excuse me for this moment, as my roots seem to take me to the grocery store to buy some fresh veggies and fruits. And a bit of chocolate too.

Find more Sunday Scribblings here

p.s. Lovely Luzie has bestowed upon me the thinking blogger award. Thanks m'dear, I'm honored. Now it's up to me to pass this award on to five other blogs. Over the past few days a lot of my favorite blogs have been given the thinking award. However, this list consists of five blogs that inspire me, regardless of the fact that they may already be a awarded a thinking blog. A thank you for the inspiring posts.

Thinkingbloggerpf8_2

Angela of Sweet Surrender

Darlene of A Walk In My Shoes

Denise of Chronicles of Me

Susannah of Ink on my Fingers

Thea of Colors on my mind

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.