SPC :: Black & White #2

/ 13 February 2007

This post by Liz Elayne made me realize something: I need to be held too.

Held by the fresh air outside, taking deep, deep breaths. Held by birds flying frantically in the air, playing some kind of hide and seek in clouds of air.

Held by digging holes in the soil with my hands. Held by planting seeds and watch them grow.

I grew up with nature. I grew up in a garden full of fresh veggies, fruits and flowers. I grew up collecting spiders, snails, earthworms and ladybugs, giving them a home in a glass jar, and feeding them leafs.

Now I live and have lived in the city for so long. For just over five years now, and I long for a garden. I long for stepping out of my house smelling the summer rain and morning dawn.

I want to live in a cottage. An old cottage, I cannot live in newly built houses. I’ve always lived in old ones, filled with history, filled with energy. I long for the smell of wood and the sounds that old houses make in order to tell you that they are still alive.

That is my longing and my dream. And until the moment comes when this dream becomes reality, I will be grateful for where I live now, in this old home, with all its new and modern features. For the dusty house spiders that live in it and the fresh air that comes in through open windows. And I will plant seeds in soil that I bought in a store, but I will always use my hands for the digging.

Find more Black & White photographs here...

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.