As a little girl I spent many New Year's Eve with relatives. Later on I spent New Year's a few times in Finland, what a magical place that was. This year I spent it with my parents, my moms sister and her husband and my grandma. I felt I needed to be with them. My granny isn't getting any younger and she's so close to my heart. She's in it forever. I feel I need to spend as much time with her as I can. So I did just that.
When we had an hour left in 2006, several wishes came by phone from Finland, from 2007... It felt a bit weird not to be there. Not to be with friends. But 2007 came, with rain, fireworks, and lots and lots of laughter!!!
After midnight my parents and I visited their neighbours. We had a drink there, talked but mostly laughed. I might not have had my friends with me, but I did have a great time. With people 3 times my age and older...
Laughter bonds.
Happy New Year to you all! May all your dreams come true.
And laugh...out loud!!!
xo Sophie
No comments
Post a Comment