Lying in bed awake last night, I felt I needed just a few more words. So I picked up my copy of Nathalie Goldberg’s ‘Writing down the bones’, and chose a page at random:
‘Whenever I get disoriented or not sure of myself, it seems I bring my whole life into question.’
And:
‘I don’t fear being lost. If I am lost, I am lost. That is all. I look on my map and find my way. I even like to wander the streets {of Paris} not particularly knowing where I am. In the same way I need to wander in the fields of alones and learn to enjoy it, and when loneliness bites, take out a map and find my way out without panic, without jumping to the existential nothingness of the world, questioning everything and pushing myself off the abyss.’
Those words are the ones I needed to hear, read, feel, and will be the first words I’ll scribble into my ‘map’. For now I feel I need to take this all in, wander around with those words and my thoughts, and find the next main road on my map. I'm not lost and never will be.
Do you wander the streets?
No comments
Post a Comment