Hot black coffee on a Sunday morning or thoughts on writing

/ 23 March 2014

Michelberger Hotel Lobby

9 am. Sunday morning.

A cup of hot black coffee sits besides me as I type this. I've just returned from a short business trip in Berlin, doing mostly research. My feet are sore, my notebooks are filled and I enjoyed the days that were filled with sunshine and the feeling of Summer, especially.

I take a sip out of my 1980 Queen Beatrix inauguration mug. It has the portrait of princes Beatrix and princes Juliana on it. I like to drink out of this mug whenever I'm working. If they could 'rule' a country for so many years, surely I can rule whatever I need to work on, on a particular day, no?

During my trip, and in the weeks prior to my departure, I thought a lot about this space. About blogging and writing, and what I want to say. The words I want to share. A plan hasn't developed from this, nor have many blogposts. Just thinking about what I want to write, helped me form a better view of what I want this space to look like, feel like - develop into.

Over the past 10 years I've had many different blogs. The content all boiled down to everyday life - every day. Therefor this place couldn't be more fitting. So I think it is about time to fully make use of it. To drag my sorry ass in front of the screen everyday and start the day by writing for myself first, clients second. I believe this will make me happier and a better writer. Both contribute to the work I do for my clients. Win win.

Showing up on the page, on the screen. Doing the work. Typing. Stringing together sentences. Whatever you would like to call it. There's never a day I do not write. There's never a day I do not read. So yes, this space is me. Mine. Right here. Elke dag.

[Photo: Morning sun in the lobby of the Michelberger Hotel, Berlin]

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.