NaBloPoMo 2013: The act of typing

/ 4 November 2013


Tonight, I'm unsure what to write about. I've been sitting here for a while now, waiting for a subject, for words, sentences to arrive. No such luck. I guess the fact that I am typing right now means that words are flowing, yet it doesn't feel like it. There's no direction, no outline, no subject set in stone.

Which, obviously, makes me wonder if that is necessary. Isn't the mere fact that I'm writing, good enough? I'd say yes -I'd say anything to justify these words on this page right now- but this, in fact, I know to be true. Writing doesn't always have to be profound. Writing can just be the act of typing letters on a blank screen, letting them form sentences and let them make up a story. One to post on your blog for NaBloPoMo, one to finish before you'll take an evening walk. Four days day, twenty six to go.

Good night.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.