EVERYDAY LIFE INTERVIEW / FRIEDA MELLEMA

/ 26 September 2013




All photo's by Frieda Mellema/ Studio Lab 71

WHAT DOES EVERYDAY LIFE MEAN TO YOU?

The two things that I care about the most are my work for lab 71 and my family. I am a mother of two daughters and two cats. (Yes, I am their mother too (;)
My day usually starts with ideas and inspiration. I love to daydream, and for Lab 71 I channel these thoughts into touchable images. In the late afternoon everyone is coming home and my work slowly flows over into family life.

CAN YOU SHARE A DAILY RITUAL WITH US?

I work best when there is music playing. My favourite daily ritual is that when my concentration is gone I just start dancing all around my atelier. And when my head is too full of thoughts and ideas and it all becomes too much of a chaos inside I take a walk past the docks, I love that. Especially when it rains or there is a cool wind blowing. It's very refreshing!

HOW DO YOU BREAK THE PATTERN OF DAILY LIFE, EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?

I love to have lunch or dinner, just a glass of wine or even breakfast with my friends. It's a great way to empty your head and make your day special.

---

Frieda Mellema is based in Rotterdam (The Netherlands) and the owner of Studio Lab 71. She works on concept, styling & photography for magazines, stores and offices and she creates autonomous work as well. She has a fine eye for detail and her dreamy images are always uplifting. Do take a look at her visual diary. It's filled with wonderful and original artwork. Frieda also sells some of her work - like accessories, bags and cushions - in her online store.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.