Exploring my world

/ 15 March 2013

at Kitchen, Helsinki

So this afternoon I arrived at my old apartment in The Hague. The place I called home for almost 7 years, the place I haven't called home, for over six months. I love living in Amsterdam, it's such a different city compared to The Hague. So much more my city than The Hague ever was or will be. But it is nice to back, knowing I'll return to Amsterdam soon.

As I mentioned before I won't have internet access while I'm here in this apartment (other than my mobile connection). It's been interesting to discover how much the www is a part of my daily routines. Of course I did realise this before, but when I wanted to put on some tunes and discovered that no internet means no Spotify...I was a little lost. Luckily I found a stack of old -'90's old- CD's. I feel like sixteen again.

On my to do list today was to buy lots of trash bags and take inventory of all my stuff. That's all done now, so what's left is an evening of exploring. Exploring books for example: I just stumbled upon Keri Smith's book 'How to be an explorer of the world'. To my surprise it's unused. Which is odd as I bought the book when it was first published, but I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind then, to be an explorer.

So many things haven happened in this apartment, so many things have changed in my life during these 7 years. It's great to take note of all this, being here clarifies so many things. I'm sure there will be a bit of journaling tonight + more exploring. And I sense that there's a stack of books on writing hidden in the hall closet. Can't wait to get my eyes on those.
p.s. Follow me on bloglovin' now that Google Reader will sadly be a thing of the past come July 1st.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.