Disconnecting

/ 18 March 2013

Untitledthis is Amsterdam too

So a couple of days without internet is something that’s still possible in this day and age.

You just have to disconnect.

Not really rocket science, I know. But it can be hard to unplug. But these days of limited internet access have been very helpful to me. It’s a bit weird to have to get used to the fact that you can’t check your email 24/7, read the news or your favourite blogs. The internet access that I do have is extremely slow. My phone being of the crappy kind.

Yet, it has been very liberating, not having all the information in the world at your fingertips pronto. I get things done. I read more books. I write more, a lot more.

Honestly, I knew this was going to happen and I knew I needed it badly. Still, it’s surprising to notice how much inspiration surfaces when you’re not looking at anything but your own work. Or when you’re sorting through your belongings. I might have to get one of those internet-block-apps once I have full internet access again. It'll be a shame to let this momentum slip away.

Have you every gone on an internet-diet? How did it make you feel?

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.