Movement

/ 4 February 2009

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." - Alan Cohen

Moving to Finland never truly felt like the new beginning i thought it was, but more like closure. And once I finally admitted that, a huge weight dropped. During all those years of longing for a life in this nordic corner of the world i never managed to live life to the fullest in the present. The longing was always there, no matter which path in life i chose, at the horizon the idea of moving back was always lingering.

I have no regrets. Moving back here was how one of my biggest dreams came true, but this dreams has taken up so much space in my life so far, that it feels like a huge relief to finally be able to let it go.

Moving abroad might seem very adventurous, and yes it is pretty exciting, but for me moving back home -back to the sea- is change. I am letting go of the familiar and seemingly secure by letting go of a dream. By having lived it, by letting it be. And this feels so right.

Movement has come in ways i least expected it over the past weeks. A very unfamiliar peace washed over me. I find myself feeling free to do whatever I want, care less about the 'how' and just go with what i have and know now. And listen to the sea that is calling me home.

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.