mixed media painting i did, inspired by Anahata Katkin
Some days I wonder why I left behind a nice apartment and moved to a room in house i share with six other human beans. Some days I wonder what business a Dutch girl has in a nordic country. Some days I wonder if I made this choice to move and start a new life, for fear of my old life being dull, for fear of it not being enough. Some days I wonder why on earth I left my comfy double bed behind and traded it for a single one, one that hurts my back.
Yet, when I quiet down and ask myself 'Why did you?' the answer comes clearly and from deep within: 'I had to'. I might not know what the future has in store for me, in what kind of house I will live nor what my business is here, but I do know that my life -even in this short time- has changed...for the better.
It is brighter.
It is full.
Messy.
There's love.
Music.
Paintings.
Long walks.
Laughter.
I love more.
I see more.
I am more alive.
There's no apartment, no ikea bed, that can compare to freedom like that.
"On the other side of FEAR is FREEDOM. Only when you feel that you are truly free you can be creative, happy and fulfilled in life. The process of understanding your own heart is the process of moving through fear into the freedom of unconditional love and happiness" - Anthea Paul
Blog posts that have inspired me lately:
Owning your wings - Gypsy Girls Guide
The path - Dancing Mermaid
and this beautiful little movie she made
All that glitters might be gold - Jen Lemen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments
Post a Comment