sunday scribblings :: decision

/ 3 August 2007

de·ci·sion

  1. The passing of judgment on an issue under consideration.

  2. The act of reaching a conclusion or making up one's mind.

  3. A conclusion or judgment reached or pronounced; a verdict.

  4. Firmness of character or action; determination.


[www.answers.com]

The act of reaching a conclusion or making up one's mind is something I used to be quit good at. These days I'm not so sure about it. With my home finally made, there is room for more in life and I find myself standing at a crossroad, wanting to go both ways. But I'm only human...

It is not so much about what I want anymore, as to which life I want to live. Do I want to go back to college, fulltime. Or do I want to continue working, fulltime? Do I want to get more student loans or do I want to pay the debt? Do I want to continue working with the children, or do I want to persue a more creative (writing) career? Do I want to get a degree, or do I trust myself enough to make it on my own?

I cannot for the life of me remember, how I used to make a choice. How do you make a choice? I always say, and know, that you'll know which choice is right in your heart. Follow your instincts. But what if your heart keeps on beating the same rhythm no matter which choice you keep in mind?

Or do you always know deep down, no matter what the rhythm of your heart beat is?

While writing the words above, I'm starting to believe one does always know. Deep down. One choice always makes more sence. Feels more exciting. Gives more colour to your life. Makes you feel more you.

But I keep on wondering, do I trust myself enough to make it on my own?

Read more on decisions at sunday scribblings!

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.