A Christmas tree & a list

/ 12 December 2006

A couple of days ago, this was delivered: a free christmas tree from my local bank. I hardly got to thank the student-boy who dropped this of.Xmastreedelivered_2 I was so surprised and he had come and gone before I knew it. It felt like Santa delivered it himself, to say that Christmas is here, even for people who didn't plan to but a tree themselves...

Now this beautiful tree is standing in my livingroom. All that is left to do, is decorate it. I just don't have any ornaments and only one tiny string of lights. So if you have any decorating tips, please let me know!!

The last couple of days have been kind of hectic and quiet at the same time...The flu is almost out of my system, my studio is cleaned and ordered, I've held an movie-marathon and send out tons (well...ten at least) of job applications. I also got to thinking about my creative 'side'. It comes and goes...When life takes over I hardly do anything creative and that just doesn't feel right. I want creativity to be my life...style.

While writing these last few words, I thought of a list I posted in the comments of her blog. She made a list of a list of things she hoped to accomplish in the next few weeks and incouraged others to do the same and post those list in the comments. And so I did.

1.) Write a minimum of 100 words a day. (So far, so good)

2.) Make my house more of a home aka get rid of those last few boxes from when I moved here almost a year ago... (Half way there...)

3.) Draw more.

4.) Worry less, try to let go more. (Whoho! For the last couple of weeks at least!)

5.) Read more.

This list was posted on December 1st and I haven`t looked at it since. I love lists, they really work for me. Today I feel I need to do something about numbers 3 and 5. So I`m off to read your blogs, my books and draw a bit!!

No comments

Post a Comment

Elke Dag. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.